Peter H. Shumar
Peter Shumar hails from Midland, Michigan, bringing his trusted brand of kindness and compassion to the firm along with over 40 years of experience serving a wide variety of clients. His general law practice has effectively assisted numerous clients with a range of issues including domestic relations, criminal, social security disability, probate, estate planning and civil litigation. He strives to treat each client fairly and respectfully at all times, no matter what their issue may be.
Mr. Shumar cares deeply for his Traverse City community as well as his clients, as evidenced by his service to the Old Mission Congregation Church as an ordained minister for over 20 years. In his spare time, he enjoys sports, exercise and business social networking. Mr. Shumar lives in Traverse City with his wife, children and pets.
- University of Michigan, B.B.A.
- Wayne State University, J.D.
- United Theological Seminary, M. Div. (Master of Divinity)
- Civil, Criminal & Probate Litigation
- Social Security Disability
- Estate Planning
- Divorce & Custody
- Western District of Michigan Federal Courts
- Eastern District of Michigan Federal Courts
- Grand Traverse-Leelanau-Antrim County Bar Association
- Michigan Bar Association